2. Executives from PwC immediately realized there was a problem, but they were too late to rectify the mistake as Dunaway read out the name La La Land from a card that was meant to be for the Best Actress award, which Emma Stone won for her role in the film earlier in the night.
3. “中国政府将GDP增长目标设定为7.5%，并努力将通胀保持在可控水平，很令人欣慰。这不仅会保持中国经济的繁荣，还将促进地区经济和全球经济的发展，印尼也将从中受益。”Imron Cotan, Indonesian ambassador to China
5. Belgium, for example, has less than a tenth of the population of Russia, its rival in the group stage, but is regarded as a far greater threat. And then there is Uruguay, which despite fewer than 4 million citizens -- barely a sixth of the population of greater S?o Paulo -- is one of the teams Brazil would least like to meet on its way to the final. How is this so?
3. Cannes' heckles and jeers are famous and the first film to fall foul of this tough crowd was Gus Van Sant's Sea of Trees, which was greeted by a storm of raspberries and thunderous boos at its press screening. Because these take place before a film receives its black-tie premiere, word quickly gets around and can cast a pall over the big event. When Naomi Watts and Matthew McConaughey took their turn on the red carpet, it had “a horrifically compelling walk-of-shame quality” according to the Daily Telegraph. But the Texan actor put on a brave face at a press conference shortly afterwards. “Anyone has as much right to boo as they do to ovate,” he said. I think we know what he meant.
4. 单词original 联想记忆：
6. The biggest brands outperform financial markets, according to BrandZ, which says this illustrates their financial power and value to shareholders.
1. Benchmark oil prices dropped below $40 a barrel last week, the lowest level in six years, darkening investor sentiment towards commodity-linked companies and exporting countries including Brazil, Russia and South Africa.
2. 3.4 以创新引领实体经济转型升级
3. 以100亿港元（合12.9亿美元）购入大新金融中心(Dah Sing Financial Centre)的中国光大控股(China Everbright)，只是过去一年里在香港大举购置总部大楼的众多内地企业之一。
5. 'I think South Korea has a very rigorous and narrow definition of beauty because we’re an ethnically homogenous society and everyone looks pretty much the same. It is also related to low self-esteem.
1. Among the gargantuan hedge funds that make up a majority of the industry’s assets under management, dispersion of returns shot up to notable levels. And for every big winner, like William Ackman’s Pershing Square, there was a big loser to counterbalance it, like John Paulson’s Advantage Fund. Investors choose hedge funds for their “non-correlated returns,” meaning a tendency to move opposite from the general market’s direction. They certainly got such returns this year, unfortunately.
Though Hand was British Petroleum's SVP of Global Brand, Marketing and Innovation, for several years, she's on a much more environmentally friendly mission today. Project Frog aims to revamp the construction industry with simple-to-build spaces (they takes days, rather than months to construct) that consume about 50% less energy than traditional buildings for sectors like education and healthcare. Hand's plan seems to be working: revenue is expected to more than double this year.
Why does beauty exist? To answer this question, Richard O. Prum, an ornithologist, is working to revive an idea advanced by Charles Darwin: the attractiveness of an animal to another of its species isn’t only tied to fitness and good genes. Rather, animals — especially birds in Dr. Prum’s work — are making subjective decisions. He hopes that evolutionary biologists will stop “explaining away desire.”